BRIEF NOTE ON FOREST PROTECTION IN KAWAL TIGER RESERVE, NIRMAL
- It is informed that, as per the orders of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Telangana and also the Hon’ble Minister for Forest & Environment, Science & Technology, Law & Endowments, Govt. of Telangana for “JUNGLE BACHAO” during the past 02 years, all the measures have been taken for control of destruction of forest in Kawal Tiger Reserve circle, Nirmal in Nirmal, Mancherial and Adilabad Districts.
- There are no cases of any major destruction in the past 02 years due to sincere efforts of the staff of forest department inspite of COVID situation since summer of 2020.
- In cases of negligence, stringent action is also initiated against the concerned staff by placing them under suspension for causing investigation and also issuing AOCs. Stringent action is also initiated against Forest Divisional Officer and Forest Range officers by the PCCF Telangana.
- The accused in cases of forest destruction are identified and action taken on 23 forest offenders and sent to judicial remand.
- Since 2019, (53) staff in Adilabad Circle and (25) staff in Kawal Tiger Reserve, Nirmal Circle are placed under suspension for gross negligence of duties and failure to protect the forest and wildlife. Besides disciplinary action is also initiated against (49) staff in Adilabad Circle and (66) staff in Kawal Tiger Reserve, Nirmal Circle
- The Nakabandi and patrolling in night is continued and timber smuggling is controlled. A total of (37) vehicles are seized in last 2 years while transporting teak timber and other forest produce of a total value of Rs. 9,73,153/-.
- It is only during past 03 months (04 ) incidents of destruction occurred at Rajura and Kappanpally in Nirmal division and Jannaram range in Jannaram division due to gross negligence of staff and connivance 01 case. Other than the (04) cases there has been no such destruction of forest in Kawal Tiger Reserve, Nirmal. Even these cases are investigated, accused identified and action is also taken on concerned staff including FRO.
- It is further informed that, due to improvement in protection in Kawal Tiger Reserve, Nirmal, there is increase in herbivore population and many areas are made inviolate with NIL biotic pressure. Recently tiger movement is also noticed in Jannram and Nirmal due to effective protection as per orders of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Telangana and also the Hon’ble Minister for Forest & Environment, Science & Technology, Law & Endowments, Govt. of Telangana for “JUNGLE BACHAO” during the past 02 years.
- All efforts are in progress for JUNGLE BACHAO under the guidance of the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, (HoFF), Telangana, Hyderabad. The results of the efforts are evident by increase in wildlife population.
- It is to inform that, as per orders of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Telangana and also the Hon’ble Minister for Forest & Environment, Science & Technology, Law & Endowments, Govt. of Telangana for “JUNGLE BACHAO”, stringent action will be taken on the offenders and also detention of habitual accused under PD Act is in process. The forest protection will be dealt strongly with Iron hand to protect the environment & wildlife.
- The Forest staff of Nirmal and entire forest department is committed for “JUNGLE BACHAO” and “JUNGLE BADAO” with the blessings of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Telangana.
C.P. Vinod Kumar
Field Director Project Tiger,
Kawal Tiger Reserve, Nirmal