As per the directions of Hon’ble Chief Minister to curb Monkey and Wild boar menace and save farmers from Crop damages, issue which was raised in the cabinet meeting on 29.11.2021.
A High level meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Sri Somesh Kumar, IAS, held at BRKR Bhavan today on measures to be taken on Monkey menace in the State.
The issue was discussed in detail with Forest, Agriculture, Veterinary and other concerned departments and experts in the field to control of Monkey wild boar menace.
Following decisions were taken in the meeting:
- Formation of special committee with Forest, Veterinary, Agriculture departments, to suggest effective measure to implement monkey menace in the state.
- Committee to study measures and best practices implemented in other states in tackling the problem of monkey menace.
- Examine need and strategy to establish more number of sterilization centres to control and stabilize monkey population.
- To create awareness among the public and farmers on handling the animals and protecting their crops by using several conventional methods.
- The Committee submit the report on monkey menace to the Government within a week which will be presented to Hon’ble Chief Minister and later discussed in the Cabinet.
Smt.Shanti Kumari, Special Chief Secretary, Forest, Smt. R.Sobha, PCCF (HoFF), Sri Sandeep Kumar Sultania, Secretary, PR & RD, Sri Lokesh Kumar, Commissioner, GHMC, Sri M.Raghunandan Rao, Secretary, Agriculture, Sri Satyanarayana, CDMA, Sri Praveen Rao, VC, Agriculture University, Sri Ravinder, VC, Veterinary University and other officials participated in the meeting.