- As per the directions of Hon’ble Chief Minister Sri K.Chandrasekhar Rao, today Sri T.Harish Rao, Hon’ble Minister for Finance and Sri Somesh Kumar, IAS, Chief Secretary to Govt. held a meeting at BRKR Bhavan on the implementation of covid vaccination drive in the State.
- The Hon’ble Minister directed that vaccination of the remaining 6 lakh persons from identified from high exposure categories in GHMC, GWMC and all other ULBs of the State should be completed in the next four days.
- It was further decided to vaccinate the following categories of persons also on priority:
- 16,000 dialysis and Thalassemia patients.
- 3 lakhs auto and cab drivers in ULBs.
- 25,000 Engineering Staff working in all the Engineering Departments.
- 45,000 field staff working in Power Sector.
- 5,000 field level employees in Agriculture.
- 30,000 field staff of Revenue earning departments.
- 6000 IKP field staff.
- 15,000 Bank Employees in the districts.
- 13,000 Postal Employees.
- 60,000 Public Representatives of Urban and Rural Local Bodies.
- 35,000 RMP and PMPs practising in rural areas.
- 50,000 Poojari, Imams and Church Pastors.
- It was noted that payment had been made to vaccine manufacturing companies for 16 lakhs doses which were yet to be supplied. It was therefore also decided to appoint a Special Officer to pursue the matter and ensure that receipt of this stock was expedited.
- Sri S.A.M.Rizvi, Secretary, Health, Sri Srinivas Rao, Director, Public Health, Dr.Ramesh Reddy, Director, Medical Education and Dr. Gangadhar, OSD to Hon’ble CM were present in the meeting.